WHAT TO EXPECT AT ADMISSION
- At your appointment time, an Inpatient Nurse will take you, with your pet, into a consulting room to give you some pre-admission information, ask some pre-admission questions, go through any queries you may have about your pet’s procedure and fill in an Authorisation & Consent for Hospitalisation/Surgery Form.
PLEASE ALLOW 10-15 MINUTES FOR THIS APPOINTMENT & PROVIDE A RELIABLE CONTACT PHONE NUMBER.
- On the Form you will be required to either consent or waiver the Levels of Care indicated for your pet as outlined on the ‘Important Information’ sheet attached.
- We will record any belongings your pet is to be admitted with on this form.
- We will inform you of an approximate time when your pets’ actual procedure should take place and collect a RELIABLE CONTACT PHONE NUMBER from you so that we may contact you if necessary, during your pets’ stay or procedure.
- We will phone you at the completion of your pets’ procedure to inform you of progress and make a discharge booking time.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT DISCHARGE
- At your discharge appointment, an Inpatient Nurse will review the details of your pet’s procedure and report the results of Pre-anaesthetic Diagnostic Tests. AGAIN, PLEASE ALLOW 10-15 MINUTES FOR THIS APPOINTMENT.
- Any After Care required will be explained to you, including any medications that may need to be given and covering behaviours to expect after your pet’s anaesthetic.
- An itemised Invoice will be explained to you and payment collected so you have your hands free to deal with your pet when they are bought out.
- A follow up visit will be scheduled – eg. to check gum healing after a dental, to remove sutures and/or drains, remove or change bandages or to check medical progress.